Franklin ProSensor 710 Stud Finder Review
Franklin ProSensor 710 reviews : One of the reasons that you would want to use a stud finder is to mainly locate the studs hidden in the wall, so that you would know exactly where to drill to hit them on the head. When it comes to hanging decorations on the wall, especially heavy ones, you must always know where the studs are located so that you can utilize the same for support. Otherwise, you run the risk of these said decorations crashing down, and in the process pull down some of the plaster and sheeting along, as well. So, if you are looking to avoid expensive repair costs, then it makes sense to go in for a stud finder – especially one that can help you locate the studs in the wall and where you do not have to rely on moving it along a wallboard to scan it or on the power of the magnets that the stud finder comes with.
Franklin ProSensor 710 Stud Finder Review
And that is reason why you should consider the Franklin ProSensor 710 Stud Finder. this stud finder is unlike most stud finders in the sense that it helps you to locate the exact location of the studs in question. It utilizes various sensors for this very purpose, and all that is required is for to affix its position on the wall or to one side of it. And since it uses battery power, you need to make sure that the scanner has the requisite batteries and then switch it on. What makes this stud finder stand out from countless others is the fact that it immediately scans and locates at least thirteen locations for studs in and around its current position without you even having to move it an inch across the wallboard. It not only identifies the position of the studs, it also enables you to affix quickly the exact location of the studs as well as the center of the same with ease. This stud finder is quite handy especially if you are planning to carry out a few DIY projects at home. Check out some of its main features :
Franklin ProSensor 710 Stud Finder Features
These are some of the main features of a Franklin Pro sensor 710 Stud finder-
- Outstanding sensors: What stands out about this compact stud finder is that it comes with a bevy of sensors. Simply put, with this handy sensor at hand (no pun intended), you do not have to slide your stud finder from side to side or slide it along the wallboard just to get it to scan the surface beneath the plaster. This stud finder comes with some extremely sensitive sensors that can locate the edges of the studs located beneath the plaster and even help pinpoint the location of metal wires, pipes etc.
- No noise pollution: This stud does not emit a beeping noise; on the contrary it utilizes LED bulbs to indicate that it has found something. All that you would have to do is to switch it on and as the stud finder senses the studs, the LED lights come into action immediately. This stud finder also comes with high ionization energy which can penetrate through thick walls, and enable you to locate all the studs hidden behind the plaster, and even those located a bit deeper.
- Locate other studs easily: The product comes with a pre-programmed algorithm that enables it to determine the likely place of location for the next stud. So all you have to do is to move the stud finder around and it would soon light up, as it senses the edge of the next stud.
- Precise readings: This stud finder can not only spot the studs, but it can also determine the size, density, width and toughness of the material. This is mainly used to determine if the target is a metal stud or a wooden stud, and this stud finder should enable you to determine the same. More importantly, it allows you to determine the width of the stud, which you can then incorporate into your DIY projects as you begin the work.
- Long-lasting power: This stud finder is battery-powered by 2AA batteries; these batteries should last for two to three hours when completely charged.
- Density: This stud finder is also one of the few in the market that especially focuses on density and scans for the same. Incidentally, there would be times when you may not be sure if the detected ‘stud’ is metal or not which is where this tool comes handy, as it can scan the same and let you know about the material as well.
Franklin ProSensor 710 stud finder is indeed the compact package in more ways than one, it comes packed to its gills with various sensors which it utilizes effectively to scan walls to a depth of 11/2 inches behind your wall. It does this seamlessly and without error and even indicates the presence of other material behind the wall which can be quite effective in rooting out those hidden wires, cables, old pipes etc. All you have to do is to turn it on as you glide it along the wall and wait for the LED to light up.
Pros and cons of Franklin ProSensor 710 Stud Finder
It’s time to check out some of the pros and cons of this stud finder,
- Sensors: It uses 13+ sensors to locate the studs which is the reason why this stud finder is able to locate the studs immediately. All you have to do is to power it on and that’s it.
- Compact: It is quite compact and lightweight; it comes with the following dimensions 7 x 3 x 2 inches and weighs only 9 ounces. It is small enough to fit in your pocket, so you should be able to carry it along as you handle your various DIY tasks.
- LED lights: This stud finder displays LED lights, once it senses the edge of a stud near y. As you glide the stud finder along the wall, the LED lights should indicate the presence as well as the location of the stud itself. Furthermore, if you are not sure about whether the anomaly is a metal stud or something else altogether, you can use this stud finder to sort out this issue effectively.
- Error free: One of the best parts about Franklin ProSensor 710 stud finder is that it is remarkably accurate, and especially for one that utilizes 13+sensors. It is able to locate studs hidden beneath the wall to a depth of 11/2 inches, and it can even help you determine if anything else is located beneath the wall, such as metal wires, pipes etc.
- Fast: It scans fast and gives you the results you need, almost instantaneously. Let’s say that you are handing a time sensitive DIY project and need instant results. Well, the Franklin stud finder should get you the results you need, immediately with not much of a noticeable lag time.
- Ionization: This stud finder also comes with some fantastic ionization energy as well as this can enable it to penetrate better, beneath thick walls.
- It is affordable: It currently retails at $103 on Amazon and given the various scanners that come into play with this stud finder and the fact that it enables you to locate the studs in question immediately, it is well worth the price tag. It is quite affordable and what’s more, it also comes with the required warranty as well.
- Make: One of the sensors that the stud utilizes is a density scanner which gauges accurately the density of the scanned object. You will have to compare this with other objects to determine the material / make of the ‘stud’ discovered. This can be quite irksome and is one of the cons that we could think of, at the moment. Hopefully, the next product upgrade would allow for a minor tweak to be incorporated into the stud finder that uses the density scanner to correctly identify the object in question. Check out the detail Stud finder reviews on our site.
Of all the stud scanners, Franklin ProSensor 710 is one of the very few to come with over 13+ super sensitive sensors, which should enable it to scan an area quickly. The Franklin stud finder was designed to locate the studs and it does an effective job of the same. This stud finder is small, compact and easy enough for you to push into the seat of your pants and walk around your project site, as you take down the position of the various studs. It is almost instantaneous and one that stands out for the right reasons. One of the reasons that we believe this stud finder stand out is on account of the fact that it comes with a high degree of accuracy to the point of identifying other materials located beneath all that plaster. This stud finder is indeed worth the price tag that it comes with.
- Studsensor Multiscanner HD800 Onestep Stud Finder Review
- Profinder 5000 Professional Stud Finder Review
- Black & Decker BDL190S Stud Finder Review
This stud finder is small, compact and easy enough for you to push into the seat of your pants and walk around your project site, as you take down the position of the various studs.