Profinder 5000 Professional Stud Finder Review
If you are in the process of carrying out some renovation work, then one of the first thing that you need to do is to check and see if you have the requisite tools for the job and that includes ensuring that you have the required safety gear along with a handy stud finder. The last is necessary especially if you are planning to hang some gilt-edged antique mirror on the wall or if you are looking to install some book cabinet cases.
Profinder 5000+ Review
The point is that you may need to drive in a nail to prop up the support for the object but if the nail does not have anything other than plaster than lath, then chances are that anything you hang on that nail, is going to pull down a heavy chunk of your wall plaster as the object comes crashing to the floor. This is why it is important for you as well as any homeowner out there to check out the placements of wall studs so that you can use these to prop up the wall decorations as well as support anything else you may want to hang on the wall. And that’s exactly the reason why you would want to take a closer look at the Profinder 5000 Professional Stud Finder.
What you need to consider before you purchase a stud finder
When it comes to purchasing the Profinder 5000+ or for that matter, any other stud finder, there are a few things that you may want to consider.
- Cost: The first thing that you would want to consider is the cost; basic stud finders which are often powered by your garden variety magnets, tend to be the cheapest, with the top end multi-functional stud finders costing more. For example, the Profinder 5000+ is one of the few multi-functional stud finders that are also listed with a reasonable price tag.
- Features: If you want to purchase a particular stud finder then you need to work out its features, see if they are of any particular value to you and your current project. And depending on your assessment, you can go ahead with the purchase. This is why you need to weigh in the functionality of each stud finder and determine which one would be a good fit for you.
- Brand: You may also want to go in for branded stud finders, as the company in question would already have a reputation for developing stellar products. Furthermore, it is likely that these companies would provide you with comprehensive warranty coverage, as well.
- Purpose: It is a good idea to check out the purpose/functionality of a product before you purchase it. The same holds the norm where stud finders are concerned; if you are strapped for cash, you can always go in for the most basic of stud finders. However, if you can afford it, then you can go for multi-functional stud finders like Profinder 5000+ which can help you locate the studs you need, in an instant.
The Profinder 5000 Professional Stud Finder
The profinder is a stud finder that stands out for the right reasons; for starters, it comes equipped with the requisite deep sending technology that allows it to detect not one stud beneath the wall but multiples. If you are planning a makeover for the whole room, then this may well be the tool that you need, to get the job done properly. The profinder 5000+ comes packed with all the sensors you need and more, to exactly pinpoint the location of the studs, to ascertain and affix their positions with certainty so that you can utilize the same to hang/ support your various decorative pieces.
What makes this particular stud finder stand out is its ease of use. For starters, it is compact and lightweight and weighs only 14.1 ounces, and for another, prior to using it, all you have to do is to position the stud finder against the target area on the wall and let the stud finder do the rest. Once the stud senses the stud/s, the LED lights affixed to the stud finder should light up. And with the help of these LED lights, you should be able to localize and locate the studs, mark their positions down so that you can use them, for your DIY project or for hanging your decorative items on the wall.
The primary reason that you may want to go for the Profinder 5000 plus is that it comes loaded with not one sensor but with thirteen sensors and each one of them can locate the studs beneath the plaster, accurately. It may sound like overkill but given the chances that you are bound to come across several elements buried beneath the plaster of the wall, such as studs, wires, cables, metal pipes and more. That’s why it makes sense to go in for a multi-purpose stud finder, then choose one that depends only on one sensor to get the job done. Given the multiple sensors, the Profinder should be able to locate the studs much more quickly and without much hassle either.
But what really makes this particular stud finder stand out is that it also comes with a built-in spirit level which you can utilize to gauge the depth and precise location of your stud and to be able to mark it down as well. The stud finder comes in a compact blue package and requires 2AA batteries to function seamlessly.
Profinder 5000+ stud finder Features
The Profinder 5000+ comes with a bevvy of sensors that immediately help detect studs as well as other elements hiding in the wall. And as such, this stud finder can prove to be quite handy in locating all the studs in one’s home. Check out some of the main features of this stud finder,
- One step operation: This stud finder does not come with myriad buttons; it comes with a single power on and off button. All you need to do is to turn it on, place the stud finder against the wall and wait for the LED lights to come on as it senses the edges of the studs. You can use these LED lights to locate the studs and mark their position for future use.
- Instant results: This stud finder comes with not one but thirteen sensors which it utilizes to locate the studs. And once you turn it on, all the sensors kick on and it then locates these studs, almost instantaneously. And since this stud finder uses thirteen sensors and a built-in spirit level, you should be able to get accurate locations on all the studs right away and figure out the depth as well.
- Deep scanning; this is one of the few stud finders that has been engineered for deep scanning. As such, it can effectively scan up to a depth of 1.5 inches below the plaster.
- No calibration required: Unlike most stud finder, you do not need to re-calibrate this device before using the same. All that is required is that you suspend the device at a certain level and in close juxtaposition to the wallboard. You can turn on the stud finder and it will immediately scan and locate the studs with ease.
- Easy to operate: One of the reasons that this particular stud finder is popular among several users has to do with the fact that it can effectively locate the studs in the wall irrespective of the texture of the wall, depth at which the studs are located, uneven plaster thickness, thick wallpaper and much more. The fact is that the Profinder 5000+ comes with some super-sensitive sensors which it uses to good measure to locate the studs in question.
- Built in spirit level: It comes with a built-in spirit level with which the stud finder can correctly estimate the depth at which the studs are located.
- Built-in ruler: It also comes with a built-in ruler which should make it easy for you to mark down the exact locations of the hidden studs and even accurately measure the distance between them.
These are some of the main features of this stud finder, and as you can see, it is indeed loaded with functionality.
This is one of the best stud finders to come to the market of late, for the simple reason that it comes loaded with advanced functionality and at the same time, comes with an affordable price tag. Furthermore, this stud finder uses a medley of 13 super sensitive sensors to locate the multiple wall studs in the wall, at a depth of 11/2 inches beneath the wall. What’s interesting is that this stud finder often locates materials other than studs, such as cables, wires, pipes and more. This stud finder can indeed prove to be a godsend for the lay homeowner in more ways than one. If you are on the lookout for a multi-functional stud finder, with advanced functionality and an affordable price tag, then the Profinder 5000+ is the one that you need to consider.
- Studsensor Multiscanner HD800 Onestep Stud Finder Review
- Franklin ProSensor 710 Stud Finder Review
- Black & Decker BDL190S Stud Finder Review
this stud finder uses a medley of 13 super sensitive sensors to locate the multiple wall studs in the wall, at a depth of 11/2 inches beneath the wall.